Windows 7 PC will get IP address, but can't ping anything, not even localhost

Tire suas dúvidas relacionados a ping, rotas, taxa de download, perdas de pacotes, problemas de conexão, etc.
Robinson

Windows 7 PC will get IP address, but can't ping anything, not even localhost

Mensagem#1 » 09 Mai 2018, 08:59

HI,

A friend of mine has had an issue crop up on her laptop recently, so I offered to take a look at it. It has me totally stumped though, so I'm hoping the hive mind can help me out.Essentially, the machine gets an IP address from my network, but cannot reach any websites, and no pings work at all, <i>not even to localhost or 127.0.0.1</i>. All pings result in a "General failure" error message. This happens on both network interfaces - wired and wireless.To attempt to fix it so far I've disabled the windows firewall, removed a bunch of weird network interfaces that didn't seem to be necessary, removed a bunch of old McAfee drivers that were no longer in use (McAfee had been uninstalled before I got the machine). No luck.The machine is a several-year old Dell laptop - an Inspiron 1750. It has Windows 7 installed.I'd paste in output from "ipconfig /all" but the total lack of network connectivity on the affected machine makes that fairly difficult.Any suggestions appreciated.

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1185978
Animated Explainer Video Service

Thanks!

Voltar para “Suporte de Redes”